Monday, August 11, 2008

Catching up with pictures and other things


Day 1 we stayed in Sultan

Day 2 headed from Sultan to Leavenworth.
Had to go through Stevens Pass first - first major incline of the trip.







Biked as far as I could then got a ride the last 3 miles up. Now heading down.This next picture was taken from inside Vivian's car. She & Que picked me up, literally off the road and took me to the site in Leavenworth. And no, not the state penitentiary. It's a small mountain town - with German ancestry.


PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE.

There have been a number of people whose paths have crossed mine in the last several weeks.
I may not have mentioned you prior to this but I hope if you are keeping up with the reading - (and again, my apologies that it's been sporadic) know that I have not forgotten you or how important a part you have played in my journey. Also including pictures from the trip.

VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO -
Que & Vivian. They were the 2 guardian angels who stopped to help me out the second day of the trip. I had gone as far as I could go up Steven's Pass when I decided to take the SAG vehicle to the top. It was the going down part that I really looked forward to. While on the way down, I stopped to talk w/a couple of other riders. As we got going again - my bike slipped and I went down - hard. Ended up w/huge bruise on leg and elsewhere and chest pain. The cell phones didn't work and there was no one else around but these 2 saw me as I fell and stopped to help.
Then they drove me to our site that night.
Wed. July 2 -
Packing up camp at Leavenworth.

Leaving Leavenworth-heading to Ellensburg

1 comment:

Haunted Fox said...

HI Joanna Happy Trails to you!! Hope you're back in gear (pun completely intentional) real soon. We'll miss you tomorrow for sure!!