Sunday, July 8, 2012

2013 C2C - Here I Come

I'm glad I named this blog Sea To Sea.  There have been several although I only participated in the 2008 ride - from Seattle to Jersey City.   There was a previous ride through Canada in 2006 and several shorter rides after 2008.  But a new one is underway and it is my hope/plan to participate.  This time I have the right bike.  Thanks to a dear friend, I now own that most important piece of equipment.  As I learned previously  - having the right piece of equipment can make all the difference in the world in accomplishing one's goals and efforts.  It can be done with other options but that can add extra work and in an effort like this who needs that?  Well, I don't.  Maybe others do but I know my possibilities and I know my limitations.  I know people don't like to acknowledge that reality but it's best if I do...otherwise life becomes an effort in futility.  We CANNOT all do everything...or even lots of things.  For some, it's just better to concentrate on a limited number of possibilities so that what we do attempt we can do well...or complete...or just even attempt.  This does not mean failure.  It means being real....it means knowing oneself well and accepting that one is who one is.  And it is in fact ok.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Yikes - i see it's been 3 years since I added more to the blog. Not a good way to develop the site or the practice of writing. Well, let us see if that doesn't change in the coming year.