Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ARRIVED IN SEATTLE

I am in SEATTLE. I had the opportunity to stay with the cousin of a friend (& her family) for a few days before the start of the ride. Jessica picked me up about an hour ago at the Seattle-Tacoma airport. My bike arrived as did my backpack without any damage. It is now only 12:30 here on the west coast and 3:30 back on the east.
Dave & I were up at 5:00 this morning after staying at my brother's house in NJ. We got there about 10:00 p.m. last night (Monday - June 23) and he & Peg took us to dinner. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Justin but I called and said good-bye.
The trip was uneventful and it was amazing to see the differing topographies as we passed over the states. It still hasn't really hit me that not only am I on the west coast for the first time -but I am going to be riding back home - on a bike!
I don't think it will be really real until we all leave next Monday - and my muscles will probably also let me know it's real. I am really glad I have this time to rest up - get some riding in and get whatever else I need.
So, enough for now - time to get settled for the next few days - and really contemplate what it is I am about to do.
More later -

No comments: