Thursday, June 26, 2008

Being A Tourist in Seattle

Going to try again -
I am having trouble posting tonight. I got my pictures attached to the blog but then it wouldn't post.
Anyway - today's activities included trying to get the bike put together. I wasn't sure I could do it effectively so I was going to take it to a bike shop. That didn't work as there was a time factor and a considerable charge. Jess & I decided we'd do it and when I bring it to the U of W - I'm sure one of the other bikers will be able to check it out.

Next we went to the Space Needle. That was fun. I didn't go up in it but just walked around and we did the tourist thing - buying post cards, eating at the food court (your typical mall fare) and then taking the monorail to the market.
Seattle reminded me of several places - Atlanta (where Dave & I stayed last year), Fanueil Hall & Quincy Market - and even Capetown - only without the shacks.

We spent the afternoon doing that and then thankfully got home before one of the tires on Jess' car went flat. After that was dinner and me trying to upload all my pictures onto this blog. Rob helped me get them onto the computer but after getting them into the blog - it wouldn't publish/post it. I hope this time around works.

Anyway - tomorrow will be spent finishing up last minute errands - repacking and getting ready to join the other bikers on Saturday.
Will keep on posting our progress.

More again tomorrow -

No comments: