Saturday, June 14, 2008

One Day Closer & Counting

What is it they say, "To make God laugh, tell Him your plans." Well, God is at least chuckling today. So, I had my plans together to
go to the Fairview Plaza UPS store where DJs Bob & Sherri (broadcast on local station 98.5 Lite FM) were appearing. I didn't get a call back from the owner of the store about setting up outside the store but I think it worked out well anyway. I met the local DJ, Michelle, from Pougkeepsie and she took all the ride info and spent about 15 minutes talking with me.
She said she'd announce the ride, & that I would be at the Flag Day Parade
in Hudson so that people would hear about my efforts. She was really gracious.
I then spent the next couple of hours at home getting some things done & went to Hudson
about 2:30. I met Dave there and we sat w/Leona through the whole parade. Basically, today's results were a net loss. I received $4.00 in donations and then spent $9.00 on dinner. The $4 will go into the ride kitty - and Dave & I had dinner in the rain. I really thought that given how well the G'town Memorial Day parade turned out, in terms of donations received that this would prove even more succesful. So, live and learn.
What I thought and what was meant to be didn't cross paths. However, the time with Michelle I hope will bear fruit. She indicated that the station would put my link w/Sea To Sea up on their site.
Well, time to write a sermon and prepare for tomorrow. There is always something
to learn and look forward to. More to come.

No comments: