Monday, July 7, 2008



Good Morning - Happy Monday - (Miraculous Monday I should say - I'm actually awake at this very early hour. Below is a copy of an email I just sent out to most of the people on my email list. I hope that for those of you who have been keeping up - you will be moved to find a way to help with this endeavor - Providing bicycles for the Corine people of Mynmar - who now live in Kennewick WA.



Pao (on guitar) & Ni (?) singing at our worship service. The song is about 2 people in a relationship but their love is sacrificial -




"Hi All - Some of you have been keeping up with the Sea To Sea journey via my blog and I thank you for that.For those who haven't, I had an experience seeing someone who had to walk a long journey up a long, steep hill (mountain) the 2nd day of our ride. Long story short - I believe I was meant to give him my bike as it was more than likely he needed it - while I am riding because I want to. But, the issue of my commitment to the ride and others was also an issue so I didn't. I have been wrestling with that and it seems that an answer to my concern was revealed yesterday.I have stayed with a host family - here in Kennewick WA and my host Henry was talking about the local Corine Tribe families (from Burma/Myanmar) who have made their home here could use transportation.He is going to fix up a couple of old bikes that he has to give to them. It is a very basic need. The Corine people represent the people we are riding for. I will be posting this on the blog but wanted to make this request of as many people as I can.
Perhaps there is a way for me to generate enough interest to raise funds to provide as many bikes as possible to these families who have so little. If your church or civic organization or you personally are interested in helping me provide bikes to these wonderful people (we met some of them at our outdoor worship service yesterday) please let me know. At the least - please
pass the word so that others may share their blessings. Thanks - Joanna



The members of the Family of Faith (CRC) from Mynmar who now live here in Washington State.

Before I sign off - I just want to say thanks again to Henry, Sandra, Nick, Jasmine & Brandon Lee for allowing me to spend time with them in their home. It has been a wonderful way to meet people from different parts of our country as well as having the chance to sleep in a bed and take a shower in a bathroom. While I've always appreciated my showers -I am even more thankful that I have one to go home to. More importantly - it is the people I am going home to that I really look forward to seeing - especially of course my Dave, Amber & Justin. You are the best.

2 comments:

LAURA said...

Hi Joanna!! I am keeping up with your progress as well as informing your church family at Calvary in Keyport. It sounds exhausting but enlightening as well.

Gods speed!!! Literally!!!

With love,

Laura

David Dethmers said...

Hi, Joanna,

Thanks for doing this blog. It's a great way for friends and family to know what's going on with the Sea to Sea folks. We featured the Sea to Sea ride on the RCA website this week and have set up links to the five RCA folks on the ride who are blogging, one of which of course is you.

I look forward to joining the ride when you guys get to Grand Rapids! By then you'll be an old pro...and I'll just be old!

Blessings,

David Dethmers
RCA Global Mission